Many of my photos have captions. Annoyingly, Google Photos does a good job of hiding them depending on how you enter, both your hardware entry (computer, tablet, or phone; Apple or Android). If you are not familiar with Google Photo captions, you are likely to miss this important part of the story unless you check my explanation of the 2020 story.
The really nice early albums of the girls were created before Google Photos existed so few of them are here. Look on the stick for them.
- Jon's biking club.
- See where Jon goes biking with friends weekly for 15-20 miles. Watch Jon get fatter as you go back in time!
- Balcony flowers
- Moldaw L-206 entryway
- Jigsaw puzzles we have done
- Jons bolo ties
- Diane's iron collection quick look
- Jon lifetime Shown for the Houston Geophysical Society.
- Best of Andrew 50th bday
- Girls leaping
- All Janna
- Jon and Diane
- Boulder, Colorado with friends and family
- Nory Claerbout
- Cemeteries Where I've been and where we'll go.
- Jennie Ackerman and family
- 2021: Leo's Roadtrek crosscountry to VT.
- 300 photos!
- 2021: Maui
- Before the two girls scatter
- 2019: Singapore to HongKong with Hanna
- We should have had more cruises and more trips with the girls like we did with the boys.
- 2019: Andrew finishes building the duplex
- A year later he finishes it while I live the final month in one of its bedrooms. Diane joins a few days for sightseeing and the 4th of July parade. Then she and I take Roy on a guided trip to Florida's Universal Studios featuring Harry Potter.
- 2018: Andrew begins building a duplex
- I spend an autumn month nearby. Picking and squeezing apples. Leo builds a small house. Amy grows vegetables.
- 2018: Leo builds a cabin
- 2018: Parkfield Seismologists' heaven
- 2018: Meet my MIT classmates in Bozeman, Montana
- Before and after this trip we travel with the Fairborns going through Glacier National Park (forest fires blocked us from the heights) and through Yellowtone Park flying home from Cody, Wyoming.
- 2018: Cedar Grove
- Sheboygan Falls and Cedar Grove Wisconsin. Holland Day parade, Sheboygan County History Museum, Hebrew cemetery
- 2017: Huck with Whale Sharks in Mexido
- 2017: Hina's 16th birthday on Oahu
- 2017: Our 50th anniversary on Oahu
- The last time the five cousins meet? (tears) We couldn't convince the Ishii-Claerbouts to take a Caribbean cruise, so we booked a Disney resort on Oahu for a few days and followed that by touring Oahu with the Powers gang.
- 2017: Leo goes to Italy
- A guided bus trip. Diane doesn't care for guided bus trips but I'm astounded at all the fun they packed in for us in about 10-14 days. I have another album with twice as many photos of this trip. Wish we could have had the girls in Italy too!
- 2017: we took Huck to Mexico
- A guided trip by Road Scholar enabled Huck to swim with whale sharks, sightsee Incan ruins, swim in cenotes, zip-line, and snorkel. When we told him we'd be phoning his mother we also had tell him he must not say, "This was the best day of my life!"
- 2016: Diane in Vietnam
- 2015: Utah, Diane loved it. Checkerboard Mesa
- 2015: We move from Stanford to Moldaw
- 2015: Huck to Boston and Plymouth
- to see how Jonathan and Kathleen live, to see the sights of Boston and MIT, and to see how the Pilgrims might have lived in Plymouth. Also play in Richmond park and Richmond Forest School in Powers woods.
- 2015: Panama Canal with Fairborns
- 2014: Powers at Stanford, faculty club
- 2014: Diane in Cuba
- 2104: Diane in Belize
- 2014: misc.
- 2013: Leo in London
- The first day in Montreal with those we left behind. London was grand. Harry Potter studios was the highlight. Wish we could have had the girls in London!
- 2013: Reunion Ishii Powers
- 2013: misc with Powers and Ishiis
- 2013: Keys and Everglades with Powers
- 2012: Janna in California
- 2012: Cozumel with Andrew
- 2012: was a glorious year
- Here are the diverse photos from it.
- 2012: Champlain and twice at Sagamore
- Lake Champlain week, Huck at Sagamore week + Leo at Sagmore week. Huck with the blacksmith, hailstorm. Adirondak museum.
- 2012 San Diego Zoo, LegoLand, La Jolla
- 2012: Cabo San Lucas
- 2011: Sierras
- 2011: Jon's winter in Vermont
- 2010: Our first cruise
- in the Meditteranean on the big new ship Oasis of the Seas. We were thrilled
- 2010: Alaska cruise.
- 2010: Lorna & Ross in Carmel
- 2010: Leo at Camp Sagamore camp
- 2010: Lorna's new house with Ross and George
- 2010: Maui Dance
- 2009: misc
- 2009: David Ostrowsky visits us in Maui
- We drive around the island visiting the spectacular garden of my friend Marco Einaudi.
- 2009: Orlando with Leo and Huck
- 2009: Tucson Gem show
- 2009: Jon goes to Burning Man Festival
- You Powers and Ishii Claerbouts have never seen anything like this. Grammy hasn't either. Jos would have surely gone along.
- 2009: Champlain, Bentley, Shelburne farm, Jonathan&Kathleen
- 2009: Geoff and Martha Bentley
- 2009:A trip to Iceland
- Hosted by former student Einar Kjartansson. With 4WD vehicles we journey the island me receiving a running tour of volcanos and glaciers.
- 2006-2009: Hanna.
- 2006 Disney with Leo
- 2007 Thomas the engine and more
- 2007: reunion Ishii & Powers
- 2005: Eastern Sierra
- 2005: Powers see the Stanford Band
- 2004: Ishii+Powers Family reunion
- 2004: Jon's summer in Alaska.
- To RV 10,000 miles is not so many. That's only 100 miles/day for 100 days. Find also two videos on the video page, links named "2004-JonsAlaska parts 1-2." Crater Lake, Mt. Rainier, Ross&Gavin, Mt. Robson, Hyder, Salmon glacier, visit Marie Beaver's family, wheel-chair race, Denali, visit Kennicott, the mine where Jos was the first official guide. Diane joined me a couple weeks. Homer Spit. Seward. Meet Joni Whitmore, Running salmon, Matanuska Glacier, Meet Dave Thorp and family, Eagle, Fort Steele settler show, Glacier Park, Sun Valley,
- 2000: Ishii Claerbouts
- 1998-99 Hanna
- 1997: Martin and Yasuko wedding
- 1997: RV Canada, Ibaraki
- 1996: Hoh Fain Forest
- 1996: Silver Cloud Ranch with Martin and Yasuko
- 1996: Jos in Calico and Las Vegas
- 1996: western RV trip, Colorado, Utah, Dakotas, Wisconsin, Yellowstone, Montana
- 1987 Jeremy snorkel
- Washington, Jos Hawaii, Jon+JohnFlorida, Martin Japan, J&D Europe EAGE, cottage
- 1979?: YMCA camp
- 1978: Death Valley in the VW bus